Learn how to create a cute ladybug out of recycled items! I made it for the garden, but it could be a home or garden accent!
Be sure to PIN IT for later!
It’s time for more recycling or upcycling…I always get them confused! I’m still using up all the golf balls I have accumulated, but I have added wire hangers and a water bottle to the mix this time!
It’s fun to have this cute critter hiding in your plants!
If you enjoy this golf ball craft, be sure to check out my 30 Golf Ball Crafts! You are sure to find the perfect project to inspire you!
FYI: I go beyond bugs and even make some home decor accessories!
Here is the Video Tutorial
So you can see how I used recycled items to make this cute Ladybug!
Supplies You Will Need to Make the Ladybug
*This blog uses affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.Search for:
- Golf ball
- Wire hanger
- Plastic water bottle
Supplies to Buy (if you don’t have them on hand)
For How to Make a Ladybug Using Recycled Items
1. Cut the wire hanger into four 2.5 inch to 3 inch pieces. Bend each leg at the top and bottom. A smaller bend will be the foot and the longer bend will be inserted into the body.
2. Drill holes into the body for the legs. Be careful and wear your safety glasses. Glue the legs into the body.
3. Cut 20 gauge wire and twist around a wooden skewer for the antennae. Drill holes for the antennae and glue in place.
4. Spray paint the body and legs black.
5. While the body is drying, cut wings out of an old water bottle. Make sure it is dry. Take the black acrylic paint and make polka dots on the inside of the wings and allow it to dry.
6. When the dots are dry, spray paint red on the inside of the wings. It will probably take two coats. Allow it to dry.
7. Glue the wings into place and Viola! you have a ladybug to add a little whimsy to your garden!
Other Garden Decor Ideas!
Flowers for your garden don’t all need to be watered and all ants don’t invade your picnic! Here are some fun garden decor ideas for you to make!
- Recycled Flower Garden Art
- Recycled Sunflower Garden Art
- Artichoke Inspired Garden Art
- Giant Ants Recycled Garden Art
- Dandelion Inspired Yard Art
Fun Ladybug Garden Accents
Incase you are looking for fun ladybug accents and accessories for your garden, check out these!
Remember: Life’s too short not to shimmer, so grab your glue gun and your glitter!™ Stay safe!