I had one of my YouTube subscribers ask me if I could make a scarecrow ornament. I had never thought about it, but I was up to the challenge! Thanks, CookieBend for the request!
Here is what I came up with and I hope you all like it.
Here is the video tutorial:
You will need:
– Paper mache ornament: https://amzn.to/2N5lRDJ
– Parchment colored acrylic paint: https://amzn.to/2nVZsOe
– Raffia: https://amzn.to/2OMCMLq
– Felt in Fall colors (I used green, brown, and pumpkin colors): https://amzn.to/2LaMXYg
– 2 Black buttons (I didn’t have any, so I found two of the same buttons and spray painted them black): https://amzn.to/2PpseD6
– Rope: https://amzn.to/2OOB9gv
– Black permanent marker: https://amzn.to/2LbvgYz
– Hot glue: https://amzn.to/2MDiPJL
1. Paint the paper mache ornament a parchment or straw color and let dry.
2. Cut felt into a circle and a rectangle for the hat – estimate it – there’s no right or wrong.
3. Cut two circles out of the felt in two different colors for the collar – fringe the edges.
4. Glue the hat onto the top of the ornament (first the circle and then the rectangular piece – see video to see how I did it).
5. Glue on the top piece of felt for the collar.
6. Glue on triangle piece for the nose, followed by the button eyes.
7. Take permanent marker and draw on a stitched mouth.
8. Glue pieces of raffia under the collar and coming out of the at on the top and the bottom – make it look random.
9. Glue on bottom piece of felt for the collar.
10. Take piece of rope and glue around the hat.
11. Cut two squares of felt (small) of different colors and glue onto the hat like patches. Also glue some raffia into the top of the hat.
Hang up and enjoy! I hope you enjoy it and try it. I’d love for you to share any project you try on my Facebook page!
Happy Fall! Stay warm and of course Happy Crafting!
Thanks for stopping by and thanks again CookieBend for the challenge!