Here is an easy way to bring a little Fall color into your decor. You can hang them around the house, make a garland out of them, or get some twigs or branches out of the yard and put them in a vase and adorn them with these adorable pumpkins!
To make one pumpkin, you will need:
– Embroidery floss in orange and brown – you will use the whole piece of the orange and only a portion of the brown
– A piece of green ribbon
– Liquid starch
– Small balloon
Here is the video tutorial:
1. Blow up and tie the balloon
2. Put starch into a bowl and carefully unwind the entire piece of orange embroidery floss into the bowl. If don’t unwind it while you are putting it in the starch, it will get tangled.
3. Start winding the embroidery floss around the balloon, being careful to leave the tied end out.
4. When you have finished with the orange floss, take a piece of brown floss and wind it around the tied piece, for the stem.
5. Put it on a cup or something to dry overnight. I cut water bottles and put them on there to dry for the night.
6. When dry, take a toothpick and pop the balloon. Carefully remove the balloon. The brown stem will likely come off of the orange.
7. Take a piece of green ribbon and tie a knot.
8. Feed it through the brown stem piece and put a little glue to secure it.
9. Allow the glue to dry or cool.
10. You are done!!
Thanks for stopping by! Remember: Life’s too short not to shimmer, so grab your glue gun and your glitter!™ Stay safe!