Use golf tees to make these fun and festive ornaments.
You will need:
– 9 golf tees
– Green glitter
– Hot glue
– White glue
– Green acrylic paint
– Fishing line
– Parchment paper
– Double sided tape (optional)
Here is the video tutorial:
1. Lay down parchment paper and put down some strips of double sided tape. I did this because the golf tees had a tendency to roll and the double sided tape gave it just enough stickiness to stay in place.
See video tutorial above to see how I laid it out.
2. Place the golf tees, with the pointy ends together to make a point. Do this with eight of the golf tees. The final golf tee should be placed with the wider end down to act as the stem.
3. Hot glue everywhere the golf tees touch and run a bead along the middle (from the tip of the stem to the top of the tree). Allow to cool and repeat on other side.
4. Take a short piece of fishing line and put the ends together. Put a bead of hot glue at the tip of the tree (on whichever side you would prefer to be the backside) and put the two ends of the fishing line together in the hot glue. Put another small bead on top to make sure it is secure. I don’t even pretend to be able to tie fishing line, so this is my solution. Allow to cool. The fishing line allows you to hang the ornament.
5. Use green acrylic paint to paint the entire tree and allow to dry.
6. Using a paint brush, paint the entire tree with white glue and immediately sprinkle with green glitter. Allow to dry, flip over and repeat with the glue and the glitter. It is helpful to work in a tray, so it catches any excess glitter and you can return it into the container to reuse.
7. When it’s dry, you can hang it up and enjoy it. You can use a spray lacquer over it to help keep the glitter on, but it’s also fine without it. Use it as an ornament, or on a gift.
Enjoy and Happy Holidays! Happy Crafting!