Another great find at the dollar store – martini glasses with a green tint! It just screams decorate me for Christmas!! So I did!
You will need:
– Fine red glitter
– Chunkier red glitter
– White glue and/or Mod Podge
– Resin – I use Easy Cast
– Disposable paint brush
– Parchment paper
Here is the video tutorial:
Directions for fully glittered stem:
1. Brush Mod Podge or white glue all over the stem and base of the glass.
2. Sprinkle glitter on the glue/Mod Podge and shake of any excess.
Tip: Work over a tray, so you can put excess glitter back into container
3. Set aside to fully dry.
4. When dry, prepare the resin you are using according to the directions on the package. Drip the resin over the stem and make sure it is all covered.
Tip: I set my glasses on three water bottle caps, to lift it of of the paper, so the resin would not pool around the base. Periodically, I wipe the bottom edge of the base with the disposable paint/foam brush, to wipe of the drips. Eventually, it will stop dripping and you can set it directly on the parchment paper.
5. Allow to dry.
Directions for stripes and polka dots:
1. With plain white glue, make stripes along the stem. Use the fine red glitter and sprinkle on the wet glue. Tap off any excess.
Thanks for stopping by! Happy Crafting! Happy Holidays! Be sure to check out my YouTube Channel and find me on Facebook!