I have made several golf ball projects in the past and I was recently asked by one of my YouTube subscribers to make a cow. She has made the other animals with her five-year-old brother, but he would really like a cow.
You will need:
- Golf ball
- White acrylic paint
- Black acrylic paint
- Flesh color acrylic paint
- Flesh colored felt
- Black felt
- Pink felt
- Two googly eyes
- Permanent marker
- White felt
- Black embroidery floss
- Four golf tees
- One unfinished wooden wheel
- One small wooden cap
- Glue (hot glue, or other)
Here is the video tutorial:
1. Because we are starting with a white ball, all we need to do is strategically paint black spots over the writing. Make it look random. Allow to dry. This will take two coats.
2. Paint golf tees white. This will take two coats. Allow to dry.
3. Paint a small stripe of black at the bottom of each golf tee, to look like a hoof.
4. Glue the four golf tees together, with the round bottoms touching. This will make up the legs.
5. Paint the wooden wheel white. Allow to dry.
6. Paint the wooden cap flesh. Allow to dry.
7. While everything is drying, cut an oval from the piece of flesh colored felt. This is for the snout.
8. Cut a thin white strip of white felt.
9. Take embroidery floss and wrap it around one of your fingers, many times. Don’t make it too tight.
10. Carefully slip it off your finger, but keeping the opening separated.
11. Fold squish it together and trim one end of the loop open. Glue to the end of the white felt strip.
12. Repeat and glue to the other side of the same end.
13. Cut small tear drops out of the black felt and trim off the points.
14. Cut even smaller tear drops out of the pink felt and trim off the points.
15. Glue one pink on top of each of the blacks.
16. Glue the flesh colored cap to the bottom of the cow – this will be the udder.
17. Snip off the points of the golf tees and touch up with white paint, if needed.
18. Glue golf ball onto the tips of the golf tees, with the udder placed between the tees.
19. Glue the white wheel on to the front of the cow, for the face.
20. Take your marker and make two dots on the flesh oval, for nostrils.
21. Glue the flesh oval onto the white wheel, for the snout.
22. Glue on goggly eyes.
23. Glue on ears.
24. Glue on tail.
That’s it! Now you can make a whole barnyard full of cows!
Thanks for stopping by! Remember: Life’s too short not to shimmer, so grab your glue gun and your glitter!™ Stay safe!