I haven’t done a golf ball craft in a while and it seemed like it was about time! It’s always fun to make upcycled crafts, especially when they are super cute! This is a fun craft for kids and adults!
**This post contains affiliate links, which means if you make a purchase from my link I may make a small commission at no cost to you. It’s an easy and no cost way to support my channel and this blog!
You will need:
– Two golf balls: https://amzn.to/302s1Px
– Five cleaned and dried pistachio shells: https://amzn.to/2O0hcpQ
– Four googly eyes: https://amzn.to/2NjXaHe
– Two or three small yellow feathers: https://amzn.to/307jud7
– A small wooden letter “Y” and two small “I”s: https://amzn.to/304kvDB
– Pink button: https://amzn.to/2ObHhlE
– Pink acrylic paint: https://amzn.to/2LSQPQ1
– Yellow acrylic paint: https://amzn.to/307xqni
– Orange acrylic paint: https://amzn.to/2O573rL
– Glue – hot glue or any other glue will work fine: https://amzn.to/34KwMf3
– Wire – I used 20 gauge: https://amzn.to/300nxZA
– Toothpick: https://amzn.to/32N08I8
– Drill or rotary tool (optional) – you can just glue the tail on if you would rather: https://amzn.to/302r1Le
Here is the video tutorial:
1. Paint your golf balls. One yellow and the other pink. This will take at least two coats. I like to use caps from water bottles to set them on, so they don’t roll around. Allow to dry.
2. Paint two pistachio shells yellow, two pink and one orange. Also paint the two “I”‘s pink and the “Y” orange.
3. Glue the pink golf ball on the pink “I”‘s. Glue the yellow golf ball on the orange “Y”.
4. Glue the yellow pistachio shells on either side of the yellow golf ball. This will be the wings. Glue the orange pistachio shell on for the beak.
5. Cut the pink pistachios in half. I used a rotary tool. You might be able to do it with a craft knife, but it’ll take some work and you will probably have a dull blade at the end. You could substitute these shells with paper.
6. Glue the pink button onto the front of the pig, making sure your have the button holes positioned to be nostrils.
7. Glue the half pistachios on the top of the pink golf ball for ears.
8. Glue the goggly eyes in place.
9. Glue the yellow feathers onto the yellow golf ball. One or two for the tail and the other one on top of the head.
10. Drill a hole into the back of the pink golf ball (you can just glue this in place if you would like to skip this step). Cut the wire and glue it into the hole. Take a toothpick and wind the wire around it, which now give you a curly tail.
11. Touch up as needed. Paint the tail pink.
That’s it! Thanks for stopping by and Happy Crafting!