1. Create your cone. Take a string tied to a pencil. Put the end at one of the corners of the poster board. Make the string as tall as you want the tree. Hold the end of the string at the corner of the poster board and run the pencil, in an arc, from one side of the poster board. Cut along the line you drew.
2. Roll the cut out portion into a cone shape and glue together.
You can reinforce the inside seam with tape, just for a little extra durability.
If you need a little more explanation on how to make the cone, here is a full video tutorial:
3. Take your tinsel garland and wrap it around the cone, hot gluing every so often to attach it.
4. Take rope garland and wrap it around the tree, gluing every so often.
5. Glue ornaments around the tree.
6. Paint wood star gold. Allow to dry.
7. Using a clear drying glue, paint it on the star and sprinkle with glitter. Allow to dry.
8. Glue star to the top of the tree.
That’s it! Now you have a fun Christmas tree to use as a decoration…
…or a hat!
Thanks for stopping by! Happy Holidays! Remember: Life’s too short not to shimmer, so grab your glue gun and your glitter!™ Stay safe!