I’m trying out a new product that was sent to me. It’s called Shapecrete. It’s been sitting in my garage for a while and thought it’s time to give it a try. I thought I’d start with an easy project, Heart Coasters.
You will need:
– Shapecrete or concrete: http://amzn.to/1PvdsCz
– East Cast resin: http://amzn.to/1mZHdUW
– Glitter (red chunky, pink chunky and black and red fine glitter)
– Multi-surface paint – red, pink and white
– Heart cookie cutters: http://amzn.to/1Pvewq4
– Packing tape
– Packing tape
Here is the video tutorial:
1. Mix the concrete according to the package directions.
2. On aluminum foil, flatten some of the concrete and make it as flat as you can.
3. With a large cookie cutter, insert it into the concrete.
4. Remove the excess around the outside of the cookie cutter, remove cookie cutter and allow to dry.
5. Repeat the process and leave the large cookie cutter in place and then insert a smaller one.
6. Scrape out the concrete on the inside of the small cookie cutter.
7. Remove both cookie cutters.
8. Repeat steps 1-4 and then with a skewer stick, remove concrete in the middle of the heart, to resemble a crack.
9. Remove large cookie cutter.
10. Allow all to dry.
11. Once dry, paint them with a mixture of watered down paint. Mix the colors as you would like. Allow to dry.
12. Once dry, apply packing tape to the back sides of the ones with the cut outs. Make sure it it well adhered, to make sure the resin doesn’t leak out.
13. Mix your resin according to the package directions.
14. Mix in glitters as you would like and pour into the openings.
15. Pop bubbles and allow to cure.
16. Once cured, remove the tape – you may have to do some touch up.
That’s it! Enjoy your coasters! Happy Valentine’s Day. Happy Crafting and stay safe!