I haven’t done a dollar store project in a while, so Halloween sounded like it would be a great time to do one! I went with a skeleton theme, which would also work great for a pirate party.
You will need:
– Two candlesticks – different heights
– Gauzy fabric
– Glue that will glue glass
– Hot glue
– Two battery operated votives
– Various plastic bones (I took apart a leftover skeleton from a previous craft)
*I bought everything at the dollar store, so if you have one by you, be sure to check there!
Here is the video tutorial:
I started out with items from Dollar Tree.
1. Take nail polish and paint on the inside of the candlesticks. Think blood smears. Allow to dry.
2. Glue together the candlesticks and the votives.
3. Drip nail polish on the outside of the votives, starting at the top edge. They should not all be exactly the same. Allow to dry.
Let it dry and add some to the base.
4. Take the gray or black gauze and glue and wrap it along the candlestick, using hot glue to attach it. At the base, cut off the excess gauze and glue on. 5. Take the small skeletons and cut off the loops on the top of their heads.
With the twine they came with, tie them onto the stems of the candleholders. You need three for each candleholder.
6. Put a dab of glue on the back of their heads to just help keep them in place.
7. I used leftover skeleton pieces from a project last year and I put them into the candleholders, with battery operated tea lights.
That’s it! Now you have a creepy, spooky set of candleholders!
Thanks for stopping by!
Remember: Life’s too short not to shimmer, so grab your glue gun and your glitter!™ Stay safe!