Learn how to create Halloween Resin Coasters, with monster silhouettes!
Here is a quick video tutorial, so you can see exactly how I made them:
The links below help support this channel, as I may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you.
You will need:
Circle cutter: https://amzn.to/2LEBSjR
Transparency film (laser): http://amzn.to/2EjhvUz
Alcohol inks: https://amzn.to/2OlqUn4
Resin (use whatever resin brand you like):
Easy Cast: http://amzn.to/2yjYmBC
Art Resin: http://amzn.to/2yk9X3z
Clear Cast: http://amzn.to/2z4rxGw
This is the resin I used for this project:
FX Poxy: http://amzn.to/2AF3Pkk ~ According to the manufacturer, this one is heat resistant to 500 degrees F.
Fast Cast (optional for white background): https://amzn.to/2wTZ6wc
White pigment (optional to tint clear resin for background): https://amzn.to/2QbPRiU
Witch royalty free image: http://www.clker.com/clipart-witch-6.html
Frankenstein royalty free image: http://www.clker.com/clipart-frankenstein.html
1. Mix two ounces of resin. You can either use a clear curing resin and add white pigment and let it cure. Or you can use a faster curing resin, that cures white, in about 15 minutes. Either will work fine. You want to have one ounce in each coaster cavity.
2. While the resin is curing, print out the silhouettes and cut them out with a circle cutter. TIP: Cut on the side that is not printed on. You reduce the risk of scratching the image.
3. Once cured, you can start adding the alcohol inks. You can add them in any pattern you want and any combination you want. You can move them around with a skewer stick. Then, let them dry.
4. Once dry, mix two more ounces of resin and pour into the molds.
5. Pop the bubbles with your lighter.
6. Slide in your transparency images.
7. Press them down with the stir stick.
8. Pop the bubbles and let them cure a minimum of 12 hours.
Once cured, you can pull them out of the molds! They have a classic look to them!
That’s it! Remember: Life’s too short not to shimmer, so grab your glue gun and your glitter!™ Stay safe!