Learn how to create a Resin Art Heart in this Valentine’s Day Craft Tutorial! I was asked if I had any ideas on how to combine a wood heart, letters and resin. I didn’t, but I collected the items and this is what I came up with!
Here is a quick video, so you can see exactly how I made it:
The links below help support this channel, as I may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you.
You will need:
Wood heart: I found mine at Hobby Lobby, but here are two potential alternatives:
Heart #1: https://amzn.to/2WDvY7Q
Heart #2: https://amzn.to/2TwnWvm
Love chip art: I found it at Hobby Lobby, but here are alternatives:
Gold paint: https://amzn.to/2WFAxOY
White paint: https://amzn.to/2Go5NvZ
Black ribbon: https://amzn.to/2t2pQIu
White resin pigment: https://amzn.to/2GiX0M2
Red resin pigment: https://amzn.to/2MN5350
Resin (use whatever resin brand you like):
Easy Cast: http://amzn.to/2yjYmBC
Art Resin: http://amzn.to/2yk9X3z
Clear Cast: http://amzn.to/2z4rxGw
FX Poxy: http://amzn.to/2AF3Pkk ~ According to the manufacturer, this one is heat resistant to 500 degrees F and is UV resistant.
2. I painted the heart white, so the resin would have a nice neutral base.
3. I painted the love wording, with gold acrylic paint.
4. I mixed six ounces of resin and split it into three cups and reserved some too.
5. I added pigments. The first was a mix of white and red, to make pink and the others were just plain red and plain white.
6. I began pouring the resins onto the heart, in no particular pattern.
7. Once I had all the resin on the heart, I picked it up and leaned it from side to side, so it could cover more of the heart.
8. I used my stir stick to move the resin to the edges.
9. I used my torch to pop any bubbles.
9. I carefully dropped the love into the wet resin.
10. I then used the reserved clear resin and dripped it all over the love.
11. I used the torch to pop any bubbles and let it sit for at least 12 hours.
12. I had some wide black ribbon, left over from something, and I added it to the heart.
That’s it! Now you can hang it up!