Make a DIY Love Sign for Valentine’s Day!
The links below help support this channel, as I may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you.
You will need:
Square wood plaque: try craft store or here are some options: https://amzn.to/2FYUICz
Wood letters: Hobby Lobby or Michaels
Wood hearts: Hobby Lobby
Hot glue: https://amzn.to/2SbINqr
Ultimate glue: https://amzn.to/2SetEVp
Red embroidery floss: https://amzn.to/2G4983o
Red paint: https://amzn.to/2DFa8t1
Black paint: https://amzn.to/2TidYxK
White paint: https://amzn.to/2FTwhWR
Gray paint: https://amzn.to/2B5v22Q
1. I found this wood plaque to use for the sign.
2. I also found these letters and thin hearts.
3. I painted the hearts and the letters red.
4. I took a combination of black, gray and white paint and painted it on the plaque. I painted a section and then took a damp paper towel, to wipe it off. This blends the colors for an aged look.
5. Set it aside to dry.
6. I put a dab of hot glue on the heart and put an end of the embroidery floss into to glue and let it cool. I then wrapped the heart with the embroidery floss.
7. You can add a little extra hot glue, every once in a while, just to keep it all in place.
8. Once wrapped, You can add hot glue and other glue. The hot glue will hold the letters and the hearts in place, while the other glue dries.
Once it all dries, you have a great sign for Valentine’s Day!
That’s it! Thanks so much for stopping by!
Remember: Life’s too short not to shimmer, so grab your glue gun and your glitter!™ Stay safe!