Learn how to make Turtle Resin Coasters using temporary tattoos! It’s an easy coastal decor craft tutorial!
Here is a quick video tutorial, so you can see exactly how it was made:
The links below help support this channel, as I may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you.
You will need:
Temporary tattoos: https://amzn.to/2D1v1xc
Pigment powders: https://amzn.to/2RL523A
Wet Ones: https://amzn.to/2pXbqrQ
Resin (use whatever resin brand you like):
Easy Cast: http://amzn.to/2yjYmBC
Art Resin: http://amzn.to/2yk9X3z
Clear Cast: http://amzn.to/2z4rxGw
This is the resin I used for this project:
FX Poxy: http://amzn.to/2AF3Pkk ~ According to the manufacturer, this one is heat resistant to 500 degrees F.
Fast Cast (optional for white background): https://amzn.to/2wTZ6wc
White pigment (optional to tint clear resin for background): https://amzn.to/2QbPRiU
1. I found these temporary tattoos and I have my coaster mold.
2. I mixed one ounce of resin and mixed in pigment powder.
3. I poured the resin into the mold. I did the same with other colors and let them all cure.
4. Once cured, I removed them from the mold.
5. I trimmed the tattoos I wanted to use.
6. I removed the clear protective layer.
7. I positioned the tattoos and wet the backs.
8. I removed the backing.
And this is what it looks like, before the final coat.
9. I poured resin over the top of all the coasters.
10. I popped the bubbles with my lighter and let them cure a minimum of 12 hours.
That’s it! Thanks for stopping by! Remember: Life’s too short not to shimmer, so grab your glue gun and your glitter!™ Stay safe!