I have collected seashells for many years and have accumulated a ridiculous amount! I love them so much and love to be able to use them in my home decor for some coastal decor inspiration.
Triple thick: https://amzn.to/2w8vMos
Matte varnish: https://amzn.to/2T2J8eZ
Metallic blue paint: https://amzn.to/2vgwG1Y
Copper paint: https://amzn.to/2TjviDC
White paint: https://amzn.to/3c6Sg9G
Hot glue: https://amzn.to/38Z5a7D
White glue: https://amzn.to/2HXPZjb
Here is the video tutorial, so you can see exactly how I made them:
1. I collected my items, which were shells and wood candlesticks. You can use glass candlestick from the dollar store as an option.
2. I used a metal nail file to smooth any rough and jagged edges.
3. I used a pretty periwinkle blue, with a little white added, to paint the insides of the shells.
5. I mixed copper and white for the candlesticks.
6. I painted the candlesticks.
7. Once dry, I used matte varnish to seal them.
8. I used Triple thick to give the shells a high gloss, protective finish.
9. I used a combination of white glue and hot glue to secure the shell onto the candlestick.
Here is how they look from the top. Nice and glossy with a beauty feel!
Perfect to hold my jewelry by the kitchen sink, in the bathroom, or on my nightstand!
They are easy to customize to fit your home decor!
Thanks for stopping by! Remember: Life’s too short not to shimmer, so grab your glue gun and your glitter!™ Stay safe!