I thought it would be fun to try adding cotton balls to resin, to make coasters. Here’s is a quickie video to show you how it turned out and exactly how I made it:
The links below may contain affiliate links to help support my channel and blog, at no additional cost to you!
You will need:
Cotton balls: http://amzn.to/2DXEf0E
Resin (use whatever resin brand you like):
Easy Cast: http://amzn.to/2yjYmBC
Art Resin: http://amzn.to/2yk9X3z
Clear Cast: http://amzn.to/2z4rxGw
FX Epoxy: http://amzn.to/2AF3Pkk (this is the one I used)
1. Get out your mold, your cottonballs and your resin!
2. I mixed two ounces of resin and poured most of it into the mold.
3. I used my lighter to pop any bubbles.
4. I began to separate the cotton ball – just pull it apart.
5. Then, I began adding the cotton balls to the resin and pressing them in with my stir stick.
6. I poured any excess or remaining resin into the mold.
7. Then I mixed another ounce or so of resin and added it on top as well.
8. I popped all of the bubbles, using my lighter and let it cure a minimum of 12 hours.
9. Once cured, I removed it from the mold and viola! It kind of looks like a cloud or the moon!
If you enjoyed that coaster, you might enjoy this one too!
That’s it! Thanks for stopping by and remember: Life’s too short not to shimmer, so grab your glue gun and your glitter!™ Stay safe!