If you love hearts – anytime, not just for Valentine’s Day – this might be a great craft for you! I used resin to make a dimensional heart paperweight!
Here is a quick video tutorial to show you exactly how I made it!
You will need:
Heart mold: http://amzn.to/2s95u2Y
Pigment powder: http://amzn.to/2nOkyNX
Resin (use whatever resin brand you like):
Easy Cast: http://amzn.to/2yjYmBC
Art Resin: http://amzn.to/2yk9X3z
Clear Cast: http://amzn.to/2z4rxGw
FX Epoxy: http://amzn.to/2AF3Pkk
1. Get your mold out.
2. Mix your resin – 1 ounce should be enough.
3. Add some pigment powder to the resin.
4. Pour it into the mold. You are going to want to do all four of the same size. I did the larger hearts. Be careful not to pour too much at one time because this mold is very shallow and might overflow. So, slow the flow!
5. Use your stir stick to move the resin around.
6. Use your lighter to pop the bubbles and let it cure a minimum of 12 hours.
7. Once cured, remove the resin from the molds.
8. Apply glue to the backs of the hearts.
9. Put them together.
Be sure to wipe the edges.
10. Once dry, take the two pieces and slide them together.
Then you have a dimensional paperweight, which would be a great gift, or to sit upon your desk.
That’s it! Thanks for stopping by and remember, Life’s too short not to shimmer, so grab your glue gun and your glitter!™ Stay safe!