After doing my Big Peep Plushie, I was asked to do a Peeps coaster. How could I resist! I’ll show you how to make these cute coasters!
*This blog uses affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
You will need:
- Coaster mold
- Green confetti
- Green glitter
- Pictures of Peeps (I printed mine using a laser printer)
- Super Gloss Mod Podge
- When deciding on which resin to use for your coasters, you need to keep in mind whether you want it just for cold cups or for hot ones as well.
- If only for cold drinks, you can be flexible and use whatever brand you like:
- If you want it to work for both hot and cold drinks, you need to look for a heat-resistant resin, like these:
- FX Poxy ~ According to the manufacturer, this one is heat resistant to 500° F.
- Stone Coat
Here is the video tutorial, so you can see exactly how I made them:
Prepare your resin, according to the package directions.
2. Mix in glitter and confetti.
3. Pour into mold and allow to cure a minimum of 12 hours.
4. Print out pictures of Peeps. I used a laser printer and cardstock. Once I cut it out, I like to use a black permanent market and run it along the cut out edge.
5. Brush the Mod Podge all over the coaster. Brush onto the back of the picture. Put the picture on the coaster and add another layer over the whole coaster. Allow to dry between coats. Add one or two more coats.
6. When the Mod Podge has COMPLETELY dried, prepare more resin. Pour over the coasters and allow to cure a minimum of 12 hours before unmolding.
That’s it! Now you have adorable Peeps coasters!
For other fun Easter projects, check out these:
If you don’t have time, or aren’t up to making the Peeps coasters, here are some great alternatives:
Thanks for stopping by!
Remember: Life’s too short not to shimmer, so grab your glue gun and your glitter!™ Stay safe!