Create beautiful resin snowflakes for your winter and Christmas decor!
Here is a quick video tutorial, so you can see exactly how I made them:
3. Then, painted one of them a pearl white and the other a silver. This took 2-3 coats.
4. Once the paint dried, I put packing tape on the backs of the snowflakes.
5. Then I burnished the tape down, so I could create a tight seal.
6. I mixed one ounce of resin, but I think a half an ounce would have been plenty and I divided it into two cups.
7. I mixed white glitter into one and silver into the other and I mixed them really well.
8. I then dripped the resin into the openings. I did the white glitter in the silver and the silver glitter in the white.
9. I then took my lighter and carefully ran it over the coasters. Remember, these are wood coasters, so do it quickly to pop the bubbles. Don’t accidentally set your snowflakes on fire!!!!
10. Once cured, I pull the tape off the backs.
Thanks for stopping by! Remember: Life’s too short not to shimmer, so grab your glue gun and your glitter!™ Stay safe!
1 thought on “DIY Snowflake Coasters ~ Another Coaster Friday ~ Craft Klatch”
Hi Mona. I found your channel on Roku. I love crafting and have tried all kinds of mediums. New year, new craft! I'm going to try the resin crafts in the new year. Love your channel and website.