The best way to stay on top of my latest crafts is to
subscribe to my
subscribe to my
Thanksgiving is coming and here’s an easy craft for the kids to get involved in! Picture a whole group of them on the Thanksgiving dinner table. They can be used place cards, or put little treat bags inside, or make them part of a whimsical centerpiece!
You will need:
– Toilet paper roll
– Construction paper – brown, red, yellow, orange, blue, green, purple
– Googly eyes
– Glue stick
Here are some items I used, available through Amazon:
Here is the video tutorial:
1. Roll the toilet paper roll in the brown construction paper. Where the construction paper meets, make a mark – give yourself a little bit of overlap. Cut at that mark.
2. Roll it into the construction paper again and leave about a half an inch on either side of the tube. Make a mark, unroll it and cut.
3. Put some of your glue at one end of the construction paper and glue it onto the toilet paper roll. Put glue at the other end of the construction paper and roll it tight onto the tube.
4. Cut strips on the ends of the tube, but don’t cut into the tube.
5. Put glue onto the end of each of the strips and fold them into the tube. Repeat on the other end.
6. Cut shapes of feathers in various colors.
7. Make sure the seam is on the back of the turkey and glue on the feathers.
8. Glue on the eyes.
9. Cut a small triangle out of yellow, for the beak. Cut a squiggle shape for the waddle and glue those on.
That’s it! Go decorate for Thanksgiving!
Thanks for stopping by!