Making a bow for a barrette is easy!
You will need:
– Hot glue
– Barrette blank
– Faux pearls and clear seed beads (optional)
– Small piece of wire
Here is the video tutorial:
1. Cut your ribbon to the length you want. Kind of do a rough fold to get an idea of the size.
2. Fold your piece of ribbon in half and crease it.
3. Fold one half just over the middle line and put on a dab of hot glue.
4. Repeat with the other side.
5. Gather the middle together and secure it with a small piece of wire.
6. Take another piece of ribbon to wrap around the middle and hide the wire. Tack one end to the middle of the bow, wind it around and tack the other other end.
7. If you want to make a double bow, like I did, repeat the process.
8. If you want to dress it up with beads, string the beads on fishing line and tie it to the barrette blank.
9. Hot glue the two bows together and then hot glue it to the barrette blank.
That’s it! Easy peasy!!
Thanks for stopping by and Happy Crafting!!