This is an easy craft, perfect for Father’s Day, or any day really. It’s an inexpensive newspaper craft that not only recycles but also makes an attractive gift.
Materials You Will Need
**This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
- An empty and clean can
- Hot glue & glue stick: https://amzn.to/2WpCQJE
- Pencil: https://amzn.to/2MsV3kR
- Rope for trim: https://amzn.to/2WLckts
Pencil Holder Newspaper Craft Video Tutorial
1. Clean and dry a can and collect some newspapers. I like the keep some on hand. You never know when you’ll get the inspiration to make a newspaper craft! I’ve made a few!
2. Take the newspaper and cut it in half.
3. Starting at a corner, take your pencil and roll it in the newspaper. Use your glue stick to glue it along the way. Shake out the pencil and set it aside. Repeat and make as many as you need to cover the can.
4. Using hot glue, put a line of glue on the can and stick the first newspaper roll to the can. Repeat with other rolls until the can is about half covered. At that time, it is good to cut off the extra newspaper length on each side of the can.
It’s a newspaper craft and an aluminum can craft! Two recycling crafts in one!
5. Finish with remaining rolls until entire can is covered. Trim off extra ends.
6. Take some rope and hot glue it around the top and the bottom for a little finishing trim. If you don’t have rope use ribbon or twine.
That’s it! I hope you try it! If you do, be sure to send or tweet me a pic or post it right on my Facebook wall!
Be sure to PIN IT for later!
And Follow Me on Instagram!
Other Easy Projects You Will Love!
- Back to School Pencil Coaster
- Newspaper Heart Resin Coaster
- Newspaper Christmas Tree
- Pencil Vase Craft Tutorial
- Easy Shark Pencil Holder
Fun Alternatives to the Newspaper Pencil Holder
Thanks for stopping by! Remember: Life’s too short not to shimmer, so grab your glue gun and your glitter!™ Stay safe!