This a perfect, inexpensive and festive craft for the holidays or the whole winter season!
You will need:
The links below help support this channel, as I may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you.
– Clear glass votives: http://shrsl.com/nqzs
– Mod Podge: http://amzn.to/2A5Xbr1
– Tissue paper – I used three different blues: http://amzn.to/2znje97
– Snowflake punch: http://amzn.to/2hPM7DT
– Chunky white glitter: http://amzn.to/2A4XSRo
– Chunky silver glitter: http://amzn.to/2zoT4De
1. Start with the square votives.
2. Take your tissue paper and punch out a bunch of snowflakes.
*TIP: Fold the tissue paper a couple of times. This allows you to get a cleaner punch and you get multiple snowflakes at once.
3. Using your Mod Podge, paint inside the votives and gently place your snowflake onto the Mod Podge. Use your brush to gently tap it down. Repeat with the different colors. I worked one side at a time.
4. Allow everything to dry.
4. Take your Mod Podge and pour some into a disposable cup and add your glitter.
5. Brush the glitter/Mod Podge mixture inside the votive and then immediately sprinkle with dry/loose glitter. Shake out any excess.
7. Allow everything to dry. This will take time. You will know it is dry when it is all clear.
I used a battery operated votive, that flickers, inside the votive holder. I do not recommend using a regular candle because it might melt or burn your glitter.
Now you have these beautiful, wintery votives!
Thanks for stopping by! Remember: Life’s too short not to shimmer, so grab your glue gun and your glitter!™ Stay safe!