Cinco De Mayo is a fun day to celebrate! Grab a margarita and start crafting some easy sombreros!
More Cinco De Mayo Crafts!
Supplies You Will Need to Craft the Cinco De May Sombreros
This blog uses affiliate links. As an Amazon Affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Terra cotta flower pots – you can make them any size you want. Be sure the saucer is larger than the pot, so it looks like a sombrero: https://amzn.to/2UZRv8t
- Acrylic paint – yellow, green and red: https://amzn.to/2DO1yYF
- Pom poms in varying colors: https://amzn.to/2Y2CPYi
- Glue: https://amzn.to/2WlN8WO
- Skewer stick (optional): https://amzn.to/2Y3GAgg
- Paper (optional)
- Candy (optional)
Here is the Video Tutorial
Directions For How To Make Cinco De Mayo Sombreros
1. Paint the pots. I made one yellow, one red and one green. It will take at least two coats. Allow the painted pots to dry.
2. Paint the band in a different color. This will also take two coats. Allow them to dry.
3. With another color, paint triangles on the bands. Again, this will also take two coats and allow to dry.
4. Put the pom poms in an order that you want. Then, space them evenly and glue them into place.
That’s it! You can use them as they are as decorations.
And You Can Do More!
Add a stick and names to use as place cards.
Use a stick and use for a buffet, with the dishes written on them.
Add candy and it’s a party favor.
Do candy and names and it’s a place card and a treat!!
Think of what a great centerpiece it would be if you made it with a large pot!
Cinco De Mayo Party Decorations
If you want other great Cinco De Mayo decorations, check out these!
Thanks for stopping by!
Remember: Life’s too short not to shimmer, so grab your glue gun and our glitter!™ Stay safe!