Create beautiful Christmas ornaments using wood, resin and glitter! Easy DIY project to trim your tree, or add to a Christmas package.
*This blog uses affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
You will need:
- Resin: http://amzn.to/2gBM9Qd
- Wood ornaments: I found them at Michaels, but here are some fun ones that might work:
- I used fine green, fine red, fine blue, and chunky purple https://amzn.to/2D1VBsj
- Gold and white acrylic paint: https://amzn.to/2ywtM7P
- Packing tape: http://amzn.to/2gPMVGK
- Dremel: http://amzn.to/2gPT4Tb
- Ribbon: https://amzn.to/2D1PXX4
Here is the video tutorial:
1. Paint the wood laser pieces with acrylic paint. I painted the polar bear white and the others gold.
2. Once dry, take packing tape and put it on the back of the ornaments.
4. Trim off the excess, so you don’t end up getting stuck to it, while you are working on them.
5. Mix your resin, according to the package directions. Two ounces should be plenty. Separate into four different cups. Mix blue glitter into one, red glitter into another, green glitter into another and chunky purple glitter into the last one.
7. Pop bubbles with your lighter – be careful because they are pieces of wood. Allow to cure a minimum of 12 hours.
8. If needed, drill hole for ribbon.
9. Add ribbon and your are finished!
Now decorate your tree!
Thanks for stopping by! Remember: Life’s too short not to shimmer, so grab your glue gun and your glitter!™ Stay safe and Happy Holidays!