Materials you will need:
Polar bear cut out: https://amzn.to/39GhwCz
White paint: https://amzn.to/2QqxqJH
Gray paint: https://amzn.to/2FnBrIE
Black paint marker: https://amzn.to/2rYothl
White glitter (chunky): https://amzn.to/2FkFFk4
White glitter (fine): https://amzn.to/2ZQ4zl8
Painters tape: https://amzn.to/2SSG8Sq
Resin (use whatever resin brand you like):
Easy Cast: http://amzn.to/2yjYmBC
Art Resin: http://amzn.to/2yk9X3z
Clear Cast: http://amzn.to/2z4rxGw
This is the resin I used for this project:
FX Poxy: http://amzn.to/2AF3Pkk ~ According to the manufacturer, this one is heat resistant to 500 degrees F and is UV resistant.
Here is the video tutorial, so you can see exactly how I made it:
1. I found this polar bear cutout and thought it would be perfect for a resin art project!
2. I used a black paint marker to distinguish the features.
3. I used gray paint to give the back legs and back ear a shaded quality and to distinguish the stomach.
4. Once dry, I painted the back white.
5. Once dry, I painted the front white. I went over everything.
6. I painted the shaded areas and blackened the features again.
7. Once dry, I painted it all white again.
8. Then I blackened the features and painted the shaded areas again.
9. I put painter’s tape on the bottom edge of the back of the polar bear. I burnished it down.
10. I used my craft knife to trim off the excess tape.
This is what it looks like once trimmed.
11. Here is a little tip: I used Vaseline on the edge of the tape, so the resin drips on the bottom are easily removed once cured.
12. I mixed six ounces of resin and mixed in fine and chunky white glitter.
13. I poured the resin on the bear.
14. I used my stir stick to help move the resin to the edge. I made sure the edges also have resin on them.
15. I used my torch to pop the bubbles. I let it cure for a minimum of 12 hours.
16. Once cured, I removed the painter’s tape.
That’s it! Here is the close up with the sparkly resin!
The glitter over the darker areas still look great!
This is perfect to lean on a shelf, or use the removable tabs that won’t damage your wall! Great wall art!
Thanks for stopping by! Remember: Life’s too short not to shimmer, so grab your glue gun and your glitter!™ Stay safe!