To stay up on the latest, be sure to
SUBSCRIBE to my YouTube Channel!
Today I used Borealis Baking Cups to create cupcake candles! They are awesome silicone cups that peel right off the wax and leave you with a perfect cupcake shape! You get 24 colorful and festive silicone baking cups. The kit also includes a silicone piping bag and five tips.
You will need:
– Red and blue candle dye
– Candle scent
– Popsicle sticks
Here is the video tutorial:
1. Create a double boiler with your wax pitcher and a pot. Fill the pot with water and put the pitcher in the water. Add wax to the pitcher and then heat until the wax is melted.
2. Add color and scent . Mix well.
3. While the wax is melting, set up your Borealis Baking Cups.
4. Take your wicks (one at a time) and dip the metal part into the melted wax. Immediately take it over to the baking cups and place in the bottom. As the wax hardens, it will attach to the baking cup, keeping the wick in place.
5. Take popsicle sticks and place them on the baking cups and have the wick in between. This will keep the wick standing upright when you pour the wax.
6. Pour melted wax into the cups. Allow to cool and harden.
7. Once hardened, melt more wax. I kept the this wax white, but you could color it. Add scent as well.
8. Once it is melted, remove it from the heat and using a skewer stick or a fork, continue to stir and kind of whip the wax until it gets to be a pudding/cottage cheese consistency.
9. Scoop the wax into the piping bag and pie it onto the top of the cupcakes.
Here’s an FYI: Sometimes the stars will align and it will pipe out beautifully and sometimes it won’t. Either way, don’t worry! If you can’t get the hang of piping it, just take the whipped wax and scoop it onto the cupcake and shape it.
10. While the top of the cupcake is still warm, add candy sprinkles or wax shapes.
11. Allow everything to cure.
That’s it! Thank you for stopping by! Happy Crafting and stay safe!
*This post was sponsored by Borealis Baking. They provided the cups for review and compensated me for my time. The ideas and opinions are all my own.