Products I Use above!
You will need:
– Resin – I used Easy Cast (I have it linked below — for info internationally go to www.eti-usa.com)
– Owl brads (I found them at Hobby Lobby, but you could use stickers instead)
– Iridescent glitter
– Blue transparent resin dye
– Buttons (from www.orientaltrading.com)
– Beads – I used a kids necklace from Dollar Tree
– Business card holder resin mold (available at www.resinobsession.com)
– Mold release
1. Spray the mold with mold release and allow to dry.
2. Prepare your resin, according to the package directions.
3. Take your owl brads and dip them into the resin and the place in the mold, where you want them placed.
4. Follow with the buttons.
5. Pour more resin into the mold – just enough to fill the bottom. Cut the bead necklace to size and place into the resin at the top and bottom.
6. Allow to cure at least six hours. Use wire cutters to trim off the wire pieces from the back of the brads.
7. Prepare more resin. Add transparent blue dye and mix. Add iridescent glitter and mix.
8. Pour into mold. I had to do two pours because I didn’t make enough the first time.
9. Allow to cure for at least 12 hours.
10. I like to put the plastic molds into the freezer for 10 to 15 minutes, after it has cured. It makes it pop out much easier.
11. Unmold it and you are done!
Put your business cards in the holder and wow everyone!
Thanks for stopping by!
Here are links to some of the same or similar products available on Amazon:
The buttons were provided by Oriental Trading, but the ideas and opinions are all my own.
1 thought on “DIY Resin Owl Business Card Holder – Make Something Monday”
this is so cute – love the colors and the owls 🙂 Would love you to link to our Snickerdoodle Sunday sometime!