Duct Tape has come a long way! It comes in fun colors and patterns and it takes crafting to a whole new level! I decided to decorate a notebook because who wants to carry around a boring plain notebook, or why pay more to carry around a notebook like everyone else has?
You will need:
– An inexpensive notebook: https://amzn.to/2Hve3L9
– Duct tape in a variety of colors and patterns: https://amzn.to/2EoS3iZ
– A sheet of duct tape: https://amzn.to/2M29LPv
– Heart punch: https://amzn.to/2QcFUCv
– Cutting mat: https://amzn.to/2WlT9Gc
– Craft knife: https://amzn.to/2WcSuHi
– Ruler: https://amzn.to/2Hz23IB
Here is the video tutorial:
The links below help support this channel, as I may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you.
1. Cover your notebook in the base color. I chose red. Run the tape beyond the edge of the cover and don’t fold it over yet.
2. Open the cover cut the ends even and neatly fold under.
3. Take your next color – I used pink – and run two diagonal lines and cutting as needed. Again cut ends straight to fold over
4. On your cutting mat, put a length of your next color – I used Yellow. Using a ruler and your craft knife, cut thin strips. Apply them over the diagonals and then in vertically.
5. Cut thin strips of your next color – I used green – and apply horizontally.
6. Using your heart punch, punch out hearts on your duct tape sheet.
7. Fold all the ends over neatly and then cover the inside of the cover with duct tape to hide all the ends and give it a finished look.
That’s it! Thanks for stopping by and Happy Crafting!