I love homemade Christmas ornaments! I love making Christmas ornaments, whether they be glass, glitter, rustic, felt, salt dough, personalized, etc. I love seeing other people share their handmade crafts for Christmas or anytime of year! I believe when someone makes something, they put a little piece of themselves in it.
After doing the glass gem Christmas tree ornament craft tutorial, I thought it would be fun to do a similar DIY and make a snowflake ornament! I’m calling it an ornament, but you could make several and hang them around the house as Christmas decor. There are so many ideas running through my head! You can have them stand alone, or make it part of a Christmas wreath.
*This blog uses affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
You will need:
- Four popsicle sticks per snowflake: https://amzn.to/2ZRDalh
- White acrylic paint: https://amzn.to/2ZWupXX
- Glue: https://amzn.to/2O2JcJo
- White ribbon: https://amzn.to/2Nc5sRD
- Glass gems – clear or white: https://amzn.to/2ZZFHtx
Here is the video tutorial:
1. Take two popsicle sticks and make a cross and glue together where they meet.
2. Take the other two popsicles sticks and do the same.
3. Now take both of the crosses and glue them together, so none of the arms cover the others.
4. Once glue is dry or cool, paint it white.
5. Now glue the gems onto the arms.
6. Glue a loop of ribbon onto the back of a gem or end of a popsicle stick.
Once everything is cool/dry, you can hang your new ornament. There are perfect to hang on a wall because they are flat in the back. If kids are making them, they can put their name and year they made it on the back.
Thanks for stopping by! Happy Holidays! Remember: Life’s too short not to shimmer, so grab your glue gun and your glitter!™ Stay safe!