Fourth of July is just around the corner and now is a great time to start on your centerpieces for your holiday picnic. This is an easy craft perfect for the kids to help with.
You will need:
– Embroidery floss and crochet thread: https://amzn.to/2Ha1aWH
– Skewers: https://amzn.to/2JzjOsi
– Hot glue: https://amzn.to/2PUyCDf
– Mason jar: https://amzn.to/2YoCtLZ
– Sand: https://amzn.to/2E9mZUr
– Scissors: https://amzn.to/2VUofEO
Here is the video tutorial:
I used embroidery floss on the red and blue ones and silver crochet thread on the silver ones.
1. Take the embroidery floss or crochet thread and wrap it around four fingers. Wrap it around your fingers 50 times.
2. Cut another short piece of thread and lay it on your work surface. Carefully remove the thread from your fingers and center the looped thread on the extra piece of thread.
3. Tie the extra thread in the middle of the looped thread and tie tight.
4. Take your scissors and cut the ends of the looped thread and fluff it out.
5. Put a dab of hot glue on the end of a skewer and center it in one end of the thread and hold until cold.
6. Refluff your fireworks and stick it in the sand filled mason jar. Repeat with other colors.
That’s it! Thanks for stopping by! Happy 4th of July and Happy Crafting!