REMEMBER TO STAY UP ON THE LATEST, BE SURE TO SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
YOU CAN CLICK RIGHT HERE!
Happy New Year Everyone!!! Here it the first coaster of 2015!
You will need:
– Coaster mold
– Resin – I used Easy Cast
– Glitter – I used black, blue and silver
– Printed scroll with resolutions
– High gloss Mod Podge
Here are some of the items available through Amazon:
Here is the video tutorial:
1. Prepare your resin, according to the package directions.
2. Add glitter – use whatever color works for you and mix well.
3. Pour into mold and let it spread around. Pop bubbles, as necessary.
4. Allow to set at least 12 hours.
5. Cut out your resolutions. I printed them with a laser printer, so the ink would not smear. If you are doing it with and inkjet printer, check around for ideas so it won’t smear.
6. Using the Mod Podge, paint it on the back of the paper and place it down on the coaster. Then paint the Mod Podge on the entire coaster. This will seal the paper. Do this two additional times, letting it dry between coats.
7. Once the final coat of Mod Podge is COMPLETELY DRY, prepare some more resin to pour over the coaster.
8. Allow to set at least 12 hours before unmolding.
That’s it! Happy New Year! Now you have a convenient reminder of your goals for the year!
Thanks for stopping by and Happy Crafting!
1 thought on “New Year’s Resolution Coaster – Another Coaster Friday!”
I really enjoy watching your videos! My father made resin paperweights years ago and your videos bring back great memories for me!! I haven't tried making coasters, I'm a scrapbooking/papercrafting fanatic. I have noticed that when you show specific items and your finished projects you shake the items. I would really like to focus in on the items but can't because of the movement. Can you show the finished coaster/product on a little stand/easel? Thanks! Keep up the great videos and Happy New Year!