September means Oktoberfest! What could be more Oktoberfest than beer and pretzels….maybe a polka?!?!?!
You will need:
- 1/4 inch MDF (medium density fiberboard): http://amzn.to/2vKg5Tn
- Black spray paint: http://amzn.to/2vK8fJ9
- Cricut (Amazon): http://amzn.to/2j0lGPu
- Cricut (Cricut site): http://www.shareasale.com/r.cfm?u=1248544&b=567915&m=51766&afftrack=&urllink=cricut%2Ecom
- Cricut vinyl: http://amzn.to/2w4DOJj
- Cricut gold vinyl: http://amzn.to/2xMKiyd
- Saw: http://amzn.to/2x8RN5P
Here is the video tutorial:
1. The first thing you want to do is find some images that will work for you. I found the pretzel in the Cricut Design Space and the beer is a royalty-free image that you can find HERE!
2. Once you find your images and if they are not in the Cricut Design Space, you need to add them. I go over how to do that in the video above. I include how to separate the colors, you can cut the individual vinyls.
3. Once you get your images into the program, you can cut out the outline of the images from card stock, or regular paper
3. Once you get your images into the program, you can cut out the outline of the images from card stock, or regular paper.
4. Trace the outlines onto the wood or MDF.
5. Cut out the shapes. You can sand the edges if you need to.
6. Spray paint them black.
7. Then cut the different colored vinyls, using your Cricut, or other cutting machine.
8. Once the paint has dried, you can add your different vinyl pieces.
9. Then you have your finished beer and pretzel coasters! I used a gold glitter for the beer and I used a dark brown for the pretzel. I would probably use a lighter brown for the pretzel, if I were to do it again. Since the dark brown was too close to the black, I did a little painting in the pretzel to give it some contrast.
That’s it! Now you can dance the polka and have a place to set down your beer!!!
Thanks for stopping by! Remember: Life’s too short not to shimmer, so grab your glue gun and your glitter!™ Stay safe!