Today we are taking colorful string and/or embroidery thread, mixed with resin and turning it into coasters!
Here’s a quick video tutorial, so you can see exactly how I made them:
The links below may contain affiliate links and I may receive a small commission at no additional cost to you.
2. I popped the bubbles with my lighter.
3. I pre-cut pieces of thread.
4. Then I started dropping them into the resin.
5. I kept adding and pressing the thread down with my stir stick.
6. Once they are completely covered with the resin, you can pop the bubbles with your lighter. Be careful, if the thread is not covered, it might set on fire!
7. Then I did the same with the embroidery floss. I started with the one ounce of resin and pressed the embroidery floss into the resin.
8. I mixed two more ounces of resin and carefully poured it over each of the coasters, popped the bubbles and let it cure a minimum of 12 hours.