Learn how to create salt coasters, with resin. I tried three different salts to see how they would look. I think they look pretty cool. Here is a quick video tutorial, to see exactly how I made them:
The links below may contain affiliate links and I may receive a small commission at no additional cost to you.
You will need:
Coarse kosher salt: https://amzn.to/2PRcw4d
Pink Himalayan salt: https://amzn.to/2ou1Ewy
Sidewalk salt: https://amzn.to/2N4mmRz
Resin (use whatever resin brand you like):
Easy Cast: http://amzn.to/2yjYmBC
Art Resin: http://amzn.to/2yk9X3z
Clear Cast: http://amzn.to/2z4rxGw
FX Poxy: http://amzn.to/2AF3Pkk ~ According to the manufacturer, this one is heat resistant to 500 degrees F.
1. I mixed six ounces of resin and broke it into three cups.
2. First I used coarse kosher salt and mixed it in with the resin.
3. Then poured it into the coaster mold.
4. Then I used the Himalayan pink salt and mixed it in with the resin.
5. Then poured it into the coaster mold.
6. Finally, I mixed in the sidewalk salt – the kind you throw on the sidewalk in the winder, so you don’t break your neck on the ice!
7. Then I poured that into the mold.
8. I then broke out my lighter and popped the bubbles.
9. I let it cure a minimum of 12 hours before removing them from the mold.
Here is the sidewalk salt:
The Himalayan salt:
The coarse kosher salt:
Let me know which one is your favorite!
Thanks for stopping by! Remember: Life’s too short not to shimmer, so grab your glue gun and your glitter!™ Stay safe!