I always get asked about coloring resin. I often use pigment powders and pigments specifically made for resin. However, there are several other ways to color resin and today, we are using makeup. Specifically, we are using inexpensive powdered eyeshadow, I purchased at the dollar store.
Here is a quick video to show you how it went:
2. I separated them into three smaller cups.
3. I took the purple eyeshadow and mixed it with the resin.
4. I poured the colored resin into the coaster mold.
5. I then repeated the process with the yellow and pink eyeshadows.
6. I used my lighter to pop the bubbles and then allowed it to cure for a minimum of 12 hours.
8. I removed the coasters from the mold and the colors are beautiful!
Depending on how much of the eyeshadow you used determines how opaque the coasters will be.