One of my subscribers sent me a picture of a button pendant that she found. She had the picture, but couldn’t find the directions. So, she asked if I could make one.
You will need:
– Resin pendant mold: https://amzn.to/2YPfaee
– Buttons: https://amzn.to/2Ww1ZkT
The buttons are from Oriental Trading
– Silver glitter: https://amzn.to/2YT9Er5
– Iridescent glitter: https://amzn.to/30L5ao6
– Resin (use whatever resin brand you like):
Easy Cast: http://amzn.to/2yjYmBC
Art Resin: http://amzn.to/2yk9X3z
Clear Cast: http://amzn.to/2z4rxGw
FX Poxy: http://amzn.to/2AF3Pkk ~ According to the manufacturer, this one is heat resistant to 500 degrees F.
1. Prepare resin according to package directions.
2. Pour a little bit of resin into the mold.
3. Add buttons.
4. Allow to cure. I left it for 12 hours.
5. I added additional resin and poured in the glitter.
6. Allow to cure for 12 hours before unmolding.
That’s it! You can glue on a jewelry bail and now you have an awesome charm!
The other pendant was made by putting resin into a mold and adding layers of buttons. It was inspired by a pendant out of Katherine Swift’s book. You can find her book on Amazon.
If you have a bunch of buttons, as I do, you’ll need a place to store them! Check out How To Repurpose Candle Jars into stylish craft room storage!