Life’s too short not to shimmer, so grab your glue gun and your glitter!™
DIY Nail Polish Washer Necklaces – Hardware Store Jewelry
It’s time to raid your father, boyfriend or husband’s workshop, or take a trip to the hardware store! This is an excellent craft to get the kids involved with and it would be a great sleepover or birthday party activity! Let’s make some jewelry!!credit
You will need:
– Flat washers – whatever sizes you want
– Nail polish – whatever colors you want
– Clear top coat nail polish
– Cord – I used braiding cord and bamboo cord
– 16 gauge galvanized wire from hardware store
– Glue – optional and only needed if you want to stack
Here is the video tutorial:
1. Clean the washers – you can wipe them down with rubbing alcohol or glass cleaner.
2. Start applying nail polish. You might want to wait between coats on some and mix others. Just experiment. Let your creativity run wild.
3. Once you have them decorated as you wish, be sure to apply a topcoat and allow it to completely dry.
4. It’s time to add a cord. The first one I made, the orange one with the bike, I took the wire and created a sort of “S” hook and added the washer and the bead. I closed up the “S” hook and added a cord to hang it from. The others I used the technique of cutting off a length of cording and tying the ends into a knot. Feed the tied end through the front of the washer and loop it through the cord and you have an instant pendant!
5. You can add beads like I did. You can also choose to stack multiple washers and add the cord like above. When I stacked them, after applying the nail polish and letting them dry, I then glued them together, let it dry and then added the cords.