I decided to throw one more golf ball craft into the Halloween mix this year. I made a Golf Ball Witch!
You will need:
- Golf ball
- Green acrylic paint
- Black craft foam
- Glue – I used hot glue, but you could use other glue – especially if kids are helping
- Black glitter (I used chunky)
- Copper or orange glitter (I used fine)
- Black trim, yarn, rope, or ribbons for hair – I used some old trim I had on hand
- Sticks and twigs from the yard
- Rope, twine, yarn, or ribbon for the broom
- White glue
- Two small googly eyes
- Red or pink permanent marker
- Black ribbon
- Piece of wire (optional)
- Sticker or resin cat (optional)
- Eye screw (optional – only if you want to hang it)
Here is the video tutorial:
1. Cut a nose out of craft foam and glue it onto the golf ball.
2. Paint the golf ball, including the nose, green. This will take a minimum of two coats. Allow to dry
3. If you want to hang her, or only want to make the head, then drill a small hole into the top of the golf ball and insert an eye screw. Remember, if you are planning on hanging it, make sure you tie some string or fishing line to the eye screw before you attach the hat and make sure you thread it through the top of the hat before you glue the hat in place).
4. Glue on the eyes.
5. Cut two small strips for eyebrows and glue them into place.
6. Draw a frown for the mouth, with a permanent marker.
7. Glue on the hair. I used some trim I had on hand.
8. Take a pencil and tie a string to it. Put the string into the corner of the craft foam and draw a small arch. This is for the hat, so keep that in mind when you are deciding how big to make it.
9. Cut it out.
10. Have the two long ends meet and you will see it will create a cone. Glue those together. It will probably be messy, but don’t worry. We will cover all that up!
11. Cut a circle to form the base of the hat. Cut it out.
12. Fold the circle in half and in half again. Cut a small piece of the corner out and that will give you a hole right in the middle. The hole helps the hat sit more securely on the head and also allows the eye screw to fit through.
13. Glue the hat together.
14. Glue the hat on the golf ball.
15. Create a larger cone, using the same method we used above and cut it out.
16. Glue it together.
17. Snip off the pointy part, so the head has somewhere to sit.
18. Glue the head on the top of the body. You want the glue seam to be in front.
19. Cut out two arms. Mine looked like little socks. I painted the ends green for hands.
20. Glue the black ribbon over the seam.
21. Now it is time to glitter! This is when you get to cover all your mistakes and excess glue. I did stripes and polka dots on the hat. I put dots on the ribbon to make it look like buttons. I added glue to the base and the brim of the hat. I added glitter to the sleeves and the bottom of the dress. Do patterns, don’t do patterns, it is all up to you!
22. Now it’s time to make the broom. Find some twigs – a bigger one and a bunch small thin ones. Break the larger twig to the size of the broom stick and break the smaller ones to the size of the bristles. Glue the smaller ones to one end and put a ribbon or twine around them.
23. I added a little resin cat I had leftover, but you could add a sticker instead.
That’s it! Thanks for stopping by! Happy Crafting and Happy Halloween!