Learn how to make an Easter Bunny Resin Coaster in this easy craft tutorial!
Here is a quick video tutorial, so you can see exactly how I made it:
1. Cut out bunny ears from white craft foam. TIP: If your edges are not smooth, you can take fine sandpaper and smooth them.
3. I mixed fast curing resin that cures white.
4. I put the bunny ears in and held them in place. That is why I used the quick curing resin, so I wouldn’t have to hold it for hours!
5. After about 15 minutes, I pulled it out of the mold. It hadn’t completely cured, but was cured enough to pull out and lay out on a flat surface.
6. You may find that the resin does not cure completely white. To cure that, I took some acrylic paint and pounced it on the coaster. It gave it a furry look too.
7. Once dry, I painted on the face, using acrylic paint.
8. Once dry, I mixed clear resin and poured it over the bunny.
9. I carefully helped it to the edges.
10. I used my lighter to pop the bubbles. BE CAREFUL NOT TO GET TOO CLOSE TO THE EAR WITH YOUR LIGHTER! You might melt them. Let it cure a minimum of 12 hours.