Making a cute Easter craft can be fun and functional when you make these easy chick coasters!
This craft is perfect for kids and adults!
Bunnies are super cute for Easter but let’s not forget about the chicks!
What’s better than a chick, how about a cute or goofy chick!
Pre-cut wood ovals, four colors of acrylic paint, some feathers, glitter, and a sealer and you have these cute coasters!
Here is a quickie video, so you can see exactly how I made the Easter craft Chick Coasters:
Other great Easter Crafts!
Materials You Will Need for the Easter Craft
*This blog uses affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Wood ovals: http://amzn.to/2Fz6pjz
- Wood ovals (Michaels sells them individually): https://rstyle.me/+iHR6cDe0mDgGtxn5AzDgdA
- Glue: http://amzn.to/2FBPIzI
- Yellow paint: http://amzn.to/2FxXf6L
- Orange paint: http://amzn.to/2FPrV2D
- White paint: http://amzn.to/2Fz8mwk
- Black paint: http://amzn.to/2FOHRCj
- Yellow feathers: http://amzn.to/2Fyb7Oa
- Matte varnish: http://amzn.to/2FFBQEQ
- Mod Podge (optional): http://amzn.to/2p4lgbq
- Fine orange glitter (optional): http://amzn.to/2FPsGsv
- Fine yellow glitter (optional): http://amzn.to/2p8jtlH
I found these unfinished wood ovals.
Paint the wood ovals yellow.
Once dry, paint on a triangle for the beak, with orange paint.
Paint on little feet.
Use the back of a paintbrush and make white dots for two eyes.
Use the back of a smaller paintbrush to make a black dot, for the pupil of the eyes. You can make them go in any direction.
To preserve the chick coaster Easter craft, use a waterproof sealer to protect them. You might want to do multiple coats.
Mix some fine glitter with Mod Podge and mix it well.
Paint it over the orange areas. This part is optional but adds a little glitz.
Add a dot of glue to the forehead.
Use a small feather, or a piece of a feather, and add it to the glue.
Optional: Sprinkle with fine yellow glitter and shake off any excess.
Now you have these fun chick coasters! It’s also a great Easter craft that you can hang on the wall as a decoration by using removable command strips.
If You Don’t Have Time for the Easter Craft!
I know holidays get hectic! If you don’t have time to make these coasters, there are other coasters that still give you the Easter chick vibe that are great alternatives!
Thanks for stopping by! Remember: Life’s too short not to shimmer, so grab your glue gun and your glitter!™ Stay safe!