Learn how to make a Halloween Bat Coaster DIY! It’s an easy resin coaster!
Coaster mold: https://amzn.to/2GYeDjH
Black glitter: https://amzn.to/2MWxk9J
Purple glitter: https://amzn.to/2qr2CxT
Paint pens: https://amzn.to/2Mduxtt
Mixing cups: https://amzn.to/31RZ7xU
Stir sticks: https://amzn.to/323Av59
Torch or lighter: https://amzn.to/2ybHdtc
Craft foam: https://amzn.to/2YWDeeS
Resin (use whatever resin brand you like):
Easy Cast: http://amzn.to/2yjYmBC
Art Resin: http://amzn.to/2yk9X3z
Clear Cast: http://amzn.to/2z4rxGw
This is the resin I used for this project:
FX Poxy: http://amzn.to/2AF3Pkk ~ According to the manufacturer, this one is heat resistant to 500 degrees F.
Here is a quick video tutorial, so you can see exactly how I made it:
1. I mixed an ounce and a half of resin.
2. I added chunky black glitter.
3. Then, I added fine purple glitter.
4. I mixed it all really well.
5. I poured the mixture into the coaster mold.
6. I used my lighter to pop the bubbles and let it cure a minimum of 12 hours.
7. I removed the coaster from the mold.
I like the way it looks with the black and purple mix!
8. I used my paint markers to draw on the face.
The black didn’t show up very well for the mouth…
…so I went over it with silver.
9. Once the paint dried, I mixed one more ounce of resin and poured it over the coaster.
10. I used my stir stick to help the resin to the edges.
11. I used my lighter to pop the bubbles and let it cure a minimum of 12 hours.
12. I traced around the coaster, onto a piece of paper.
13. I drew a wing for the bat.
14. I cut half of it out.
15. I then folded the circle portion in half.
16. Then, I traced the wing onto the paper. This allows me to get symmetrical wings.
17. I cut it out.
18. I traced it onto the craft foam.
19. I cut it out with scissors.
20. I added glue to the round part of the bat.
21. I pressed in the resin piece.
22. I cut a couple of triangles, for ears.
23. I added a dab of glue and pressed them on to the foam.
That’s it! There is my cute bat coaster!
Thanks so much for stopping by! Remember: Life’s too short not to shimmer, so grab your glue gun and your glitter!™ Stay safe!