Dollar Tree Ornament Makeover #4 is finally here is has a Gingerbread ornament theme! Fun! Fun! Fun! It’s a great Christmas craft idea for your Christmas home decor!
You will need:
Wood ornament: check your local Dollar Tree or Hobby Lobby
Brown paint: https://amzn.to/383nkW0
White fabric paint: https://amzn.to/2OJC9VT
Red fabric paint: https://amzn.to/2YcD2cA
Green fabric paint: https://amzn.to/2DFYPQA
Flat back gems: scour your craft stores
Candy canes: scour your craft stores
Mints: scour your craft stores
Copper glitter: https://amzn.to/2YbBLCP
Matte varnish: https://amzn.to/2sIiwVK
Red ribbon: https://amzn.to/2DJHFl2
Here is the video tutorial, so you can see exactly how I made it:
1. I collected my materials. I found this big ornament at Dollar Tree. This is my fourth makeover of this ornament. Be sure to check out the other three versions, at the bottom of this post!
The gems are from Hobby Lobby. Be sure to scour your local craft stores for fun items to add.
2. I removed the string from the ornament.
3. I painted it brown – front and back.
4. I painted the gingerbread men brown.
5. Once dry, I used the dimensional fabric paints to add the details to the gingerbread men.
6. I was struggling with the brown on brown. I though there need to be a little contrast, even if it was subtle.
So I mixed matte varnish with copper glitter.
7. I brushed the mixture onto the ornament.
8. Once dry, it give a copper shimmer. Perfect!
9. I used my fabric paint to add white around the edges.
10. I started to assemble and work on my layout.
11. Time for the gems! I laid them out.
12. I glued everything together.
13. I had these little mint charms and cut off the little loops.
14. I also added little candy canes and glued them all into place.
So far, so good!
15. I bought this mesh and used it and a thin red ribbon in place of the original string.
Here are the tutorials for the first three ornaments: