To stay up on the latest, be sure to SUBSCRIBE to the Craft Klatch YouTube Channel HERE!
Spring is NOT in the air, but that doesn’t mean it can’t be in my coasters!! So I decided to make butterfly coasters!
You will need:
– Coaster mold
– Resin – I used Easy Cast
– Fake butterflies from the floral department
– Whatever color glitter you like!
Here are some items available through Amazon that might be of help:
Here is the video tutorial:
1. Mix resin according to the package directions – reserve some resin. Add glitter of choice and mix well.
2. Pour into mold. Run lighter over the resin to remove bubbles.
3. Take butterflies and dip them into reserved resin. Make sure they are well covered and place them into the mold, on top of the glitter. Try to have the butterflies lay somewhat flat – that will decide on how thick your coaster will be.
TIP: You don’t want the resin to be too deep because the butterflies will sink. The first layer should work as a background and be shallow.
4. Allow the resin to cure – I let it sit for 12 hours.
5. Prepare more resin. Pour over the butterflies and glitter until the coaster is flat.
6. Allow to cure a minimum of 12 hours before unmolding.
That’s it! Thanks for stopping by and Happy Crafting!