– Black acrylic paint
1. Prepare your resin, according to the package directions. Mix in a few drops of the white resin dye. Add enough to make sure it is a solid color and make sure it is well mixed.
2. Add a drop of red and mix well. Slowly add a little until you achieve the pink you want.
3. When well mixed, pour into your coaster mold. Allow it to harden. I left mine about 12 hours.
4. Out of paper, create shapes for ears and snout. Put them on the pink resin to see if the size looks right. Then trace and cut out of the pink craft foam. Also cut two eyebrows and a mouth out of the black craft foam.
5. Using a clear drying glue (whatever glue you use, make sure it is completely dry before you add your next batch of resin), glue on all the pieces and the googly eyes.
6. With the end of a paintbrush and some black acrylic paint, add nostrils to the pig’s nose.
7. Once everything is dry and in place, prepare more resin and pour it over. Very important, make sure you stay on top of getting rid of the bubbles. You will have more than usual, due to air being trapped under the foam. Just keep checking back and get rid of them with your lighter.
8. Allow to sit a minimum of 12 hours before unmolding.
That’s it! Add your cute pig to your coaster collection!
Thanks for stopping by and Happy Crafting!!