Learn how to make Easy Easter Chick Coasters! This is a fun craft for kids or adults!
Here is a quickie video, so you can see exactly how I made them:
Other great Easter Crafts!
Materials You Will Need:
*This blog uses affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Wood ovals: http://amzn.to/2Fz6pjz
- Wood ovals (Michaels sells them individually): https://rstyle.me/+iHR6cDe0mDgGtxn5AzDgdA
- Glue: http://amzn.to/2FBPIzI
- Yellow paint: http://amzn.to/2FxXf6L
- Orange paint: http://amzn.to/2FPrV2D
- White paint: http://amzn.to/2Fz8mwk
- Black paint: http://amzn.to/2FOHRCj
- Yellow feathers: http://amzn.to/2Fyb7Oa
- Matte varnish: http://amzn.to/2FFBQEQ
- Mod Podge (optional): http://amzn.to/2p4lgbq
- Fine orange glitter (optional): http://amzn.to/2FPsGsv
- Fine yellow glitter (optional): http://amzn.to/2p8jtlH
Remember to PIN IT for later!
1. Paint the wood ovals yellow.
2. Once dry, paint on a triangle for the beak, with orange paint.
3. Paint on little feet.
4. Use the back of a paint brush and make dots for two eyes.
5. Use the back of a smaller paintbrush to make a black dot, for the pupil of the eyes. You can make them go in any direction.
6. Use a waterproof sealer to protect them. You might want to do multiple coats.
7. Mix some fine glitter with Mod Podge and mix it well.
8. Paint it over the orange areas. This part is optional, but adds a little glitz.
9. Add a dot of glue to the forehead.
10. Use a small feather, or a piece of a feather, and add it to the glue.
11. Sprinkle with fine yellow glitter.
12. Shake off any excess.
Now you have these fun chick coasters!
If You Don’t Have Time!
I know holidays get hectic! If you don’t have time to make these coasters, there are other coasters that still give you the Easter chick vibe that are great alternatives!
Thanks for stopping by! Remember: Life’s too short not to shimmer, so grab your glue gun and your glitter!™ Stay safe!