Learn how to make a Faux Wood Resin Coaster!
Here is a quick video tutorial, so you can see exactly how I made it:
2. I used an ink pad to highlight the raised areas.
3. I mixed one ounce of resin and split it into two cups. I added a gold and copper pigment powder to each.
4. I poured it onto the silicone mat – alternating the colors.
5. I used my stir stick to spread it over the mat.
6. I used my lighter to pop the bubbles and let it cure a minimum of 12 hours.
7. Once cured, I peeled it off the mat.
8. Because I used the ink, you can see the wood pattern more prominently.
Now you can use it as a coaster. Just make sure it is large enough to fit under a cup.