Talk about home decor made easy! This string vase is a fun and easy craft for all ages and goes great with the Tissue Paper Flowers from the last post!
I have made so many vases and all of them are super easy! Here are a few more ideas to get creative!
Here is the String Vase Video Tutorial, so you can see how to make it!
Supplies You Will Need
- A clean glass jar
- String or yarn of your choosing
- White glue (slightly watered down)
- Popsicle stick or toothpick
Directions on How To Make the String Vase
1. Start at the bottom and work on a small section at a time. If you try to do everything at once, the glue will start to dry. Smear a thin layer of glue onto the outside of the jar.
2. Begin wrapping the string around the jar, keeping it as close and tight as you can.
3. Every once in a while, use a popsicle stick to push the string down, to make sure there aren’t any gaps.
4. Continue wrapping until you reach the top lip of the jar, where the lid normally goes on. Because this area is uneven, wrap it multiple times. It maybe thicker than other areas, which looks great!
5. When you are happy with the coverage, snip off the yarn and tuck the end in between two other pieces with a dab of glue.
Let it dry and you have a beautiful vase, sure to add color to any decor!
Here is another example of the string vase with a different colored yarn!
Short on Time?
Here are some great handmade alternative to the yarn and string vase!
Thanks for stopping by! Remember: Life’s too short not to shimmer, so grab your glue gun and your glitter!™ Stay safe!
1 thought on “How To Make A String Vase”
I really like this, and it's easier to make than I thought it would be!