Learn how to make resin coasters for Christmas. These snowman are easy and cute, using resin, felt and glitter!
Here is a quick tutorial, so you can see exactly how I made them:
The links below help support this channel, as I may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you.
You will need:
Coaster mold: http://amzn.to/2FcRd7J
Multi-surface paint: https://amzn.to/2TeXUgu
Hot glue: https://amzn.to/2FezFMG
Clear glue: https://amzn.to/2qEaf0Q
Fine glitter: https://amzn.to/2U02kYZ
Chunky glitter: https://amzn.to/2PcrOyT
Resin (use whatever resin brand you like):
Easy Cast: http://amzn.to/2yjYmBC
Art Resin: http://amzn.to/2yk9X3z
Clear Cast: http://amzn.to/2z4rxGw
FX Poxy: http://amzn.to/2AF3Pkk ~ According to the manufacturer, this one is heat resistant to 500 degrees F.
Fast Cast (optional for white background): https://amzn.to/2wTZ6wc
White pigment (optional to tint clear resin for background): https://amzn.to/2QbPRiU
1. I mixed two ounces of resin.
2. I poured it into the mold.
3. Once cured, I removed them from the mold.
4. I painted the faces on the resin.
5. I added some rosy cheeks and dabbed the paint, with a paper towel, to lighten it up.
6. I painted clear drying glue to the features and around the outer edge of the snowmen and poured on chunky white glitter.
7. Once dried, I added one ounce of clear resin, to each of the coasters. It seals in the paint and the glitter.
8. I spread the resin around.
9. I used a lighter to pop the bubbles.
10. Once cured, I traced around the coaster and used it as a template to draw the cap.
11. I cut out the cap and then traced around it, onto felt.
12. I cut out the cap from felt. I actually cut out two, for each coaster.
13. I glued the two pieces together.
14. I cut a strip of red and glued it into place.
15. I glued a pom pom on the end.
16. I added glue dots to the cap…
…and sprinkled on fine glitter.
17. I shook off the excess.
I also did one in blue and white.
I hope you like them! Thanks for stopping by! Remember: Life’s too short not to shimmer, so grab your glue gun and your glitter!™ Stay safe!