Life's too short not to shimmer, so grab your glue gun and your glitter!™
Love Note Memory Coaster – Another Coaster Friday
To stay up on the latest, be sure to SUBSCRIBE to the Craft Klatch YouTube Channel HERE!
Back in the day, my husband (before he was my husband), used to leave little sticky notes on the side mirror of my car. When I would leave work, I’d have a little note waiting for me. Simple. Cute. And it made me smile! That was the inspiration for today’s coaster.
You will need: – Coaster mold – Resin (I used Easy Cast) – Love note, or ticket stubs, or whatever memory you want to use – Mod Podge – I like the Super Gloss Mod Podge for projects like this – Chunky red glitter
Here are some items available through Amazon, to help you create your own (affiliate links):
Here is the video tutorial:
1. Prepare your resin, according to the package directions.
2. Mix in glitter and pour into mold.
3. Allow to cure until hard. 12 hours is always safe.
4. Take your love note and coat the back with the Mod Podge. Before placing it on the coaster, coat the actual coaster with the Mod Podge. Then, place your love note on it.
5. Coat the front of the love note with Mod Podge as well. Then use your finger and smooth the note on the coaster. Brush Mod Podge again.
6. Allow to fully dry and repeat with two more coats of Mod Podge allowing it to FULLY DRY!
7. Once FULLY DRY, mix more resin and pour it over the coaster. Allow to cure.
8. Leave it at least 12 hours before unmolding.
That’s it! Preserve your memories and have a great coaster!